Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Gears of War - I beat RAAM with INSANE

I did it! I beat the SH*$t out of RAAM with INSANE difficulty in Solo!! (Check my Xbox Live achievement and scores.) It actually took me a month of "exercise", believe it or not. I played the last scene every other day for about an hour , and the experience and skills built up to the point I was no longer afraid of him.



I tried many strategies, and I tried different ways. None of them worked. A quick search in Google with "RAAM INSANE" easily reveals how difficult it is for some players and fans of Gears.

So how did I do it? Well, I figure out two points:

1. I need to execute quickly. The longer I spend in the scene, the less chance I will beat him because RAAM will either runs close to me, or the f*^%king flying RAVENS will kill me.

2. I need a powerful weapon. Most postings I read about this topic suggests NOT to use the shotgun. But I did, and I won. Why? The shotgun has lots of power and it does lots of damage. It is not good for long distance shooting, but if you use it behind a concrete wall while RAAM is stuck, it becomes the most effective weapon ever! (Seriously, every time I fire the shotgun, RAAM jerks a little and sometimes screams a little for his pain.)

That's it, it was very simple after all. I got him stuck near the concrete wall, and I hide in front of him. I fire the torque bow to kill the kryills, then I quickly switch to the shotgun and blind shoot. I repeat the process until RAAM is killed...and it only takes about 2 minute. =)

For those Gears fans who are still trying out their luck, I hope my tip will help.



Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment